Saturday, September 6, 2008

Pictures from the Jordan River and Nazareth

Here's a picture of Andrew's baptism.  He told me the fish liked his toes too.  I had Rev. Morris help me.  Imagine lifting a small horse out of the water three times.  Now you know why.






My turn.  








Street shops at Nazareth.  The pictures don't do the sounds and smells justice.  It was crazy chaotic.  Arabic music blasting, people bustling, and the most unusual items for sale.  We passed a butcher shop with two skinned sheep hanging in the alleyway.  Ever smelled a skinned sheep?  I didn't see it there and accidently bumped into one with my bare arm.  I had a strange hankering for lamb chops all day.













This is the synagog where Jesus announced his ministry (Luke 4:14).  If you look real close you can see him sitting on the steps.  

No comments: